WHY SPENDING TIME WITH FAMILY IS HEALTHY FOR YOU | HERBAL GOODNESS
Yay, it’s Christmas again, a magical time of the year when we spend time with loved ones and do a whole lot with people we love. Christmas has many traditions and customs which are being carried forward by families the world over. These traditions and customs may include but are not limited to decorating a Christmas tree, cooking Christmas Dinner, exchanging gifts and a whole lot more. One of the most popular of traditions during Christmas is the Family Reunion. And really, we should be doing this all year round — even research shows that spending time with loved ones is good for health.
Spending the holiday with family is the most important part of Christmas. It gives a sense of belonging that provides love and support. A lot of benefits arise from spending quality time with family.
Here are some of the benefits family time provides:
- Builds self-esteem: First of all, children who spend quality time with their loved ones have self-confidence and are more sociable and as such, find it easy to build relationships.
- Creates bonds: Spending time with family strengthens family ties. Also, families who enjoy group activities will develop strong relationships and handle stressful situations with ease. A benefit of family time is learning that we are cared for and needed and both elements are important to happiness.
- Creates memories: Another reason for having family time is to make memories.
- Nutritional lifestyle: Great improve in food choices, as family members will dish out new recipes for nutritious foods and as well remind you to eat healthily.
- Relieves stress: Finally, chatting with your loved ones will help to reduce your stress. Talking about worries eases it.
So, in the spirit of Christmas, try some of our variety of delicious recipes with loved ones and make the best of your holiday.